- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped,
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- vegetable stock to cover (we used about 700 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and fennel, along with a generous pinch of sea salt to a saucepan, and sauté until the onion and fennel have softened.
Add the fennel seeds, tomatoes and orange juice.
Add enough stock just to cover ingredients.
Simmer for ten minutes then blend into a soup.
Recipe found on: hipandhealthy.com although originally from The Clear Skin Cookbook by Dale Pinnock
Onions & Garlic:
Both contain sulphur strengthens bonds between skin cells making the overall appearance of the skin more uniform.
A well known Digestive aid but also a diuretic, therefore aiding the kidneys in removing water soluble waste products keeping the body cleansed and therefore the skin clear and glowing
Tomatoes are packed with important antioxidant nutrients including Beta Carotene, Vitamin C and lycopene as well as a whole host of flavanoids, all delivering protection against free radical damage.