Hazelnut Truffle Centre
- 125g smooth chocolate hazelnut butter (or add 50g cacao powder to 125g plain hazelnut butter)
- 2 large tablespoons raw organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 50ml coconut syrup (can use maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon heaped cacao powder
- 60ml coconut milk + 2 tablespoon coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (optional)
- Hazelnuts for the centre
Add 20g blended hazelnuts for a stronger Nutella taste
Raw Chocolate Coating
- 50g cacao butter
- 35-40g cacao powder (add more for a thicker consistency)
- 25ml organic coconut syrup
20 roasted hazelnuts, chopped
Blitz your hazelnut butter, cacao powder, vanilla bean paste, coconut oil, syrup, coconut milk and coconut cream in a food processor
Transfer to a bowl and pop in the freezer for approximately 2 hours, or until firm.
Line a tray with baking or greaseproof paper.
When your mixture is firm, use a spoon to scoop out small balls then pop a hazelnut in the middle of each ball and transfer to your hand to roll into a perfectly shaped little ball.
Place each on a lined baking tray and return to the freezer for around 10-15 minutes. You can leave them in there while you complete the next step.
In the meantime, melt your cacao butter in a bain marie or in a bowl over simmering water, then slowly stir in the cacao powder and syrup.
Using a cocktail skewer, dip the truffle balls into the chocolate mixture and allow any excess to drip off.
Finally, coat in chopped hazelnuts to finish.
Recipe found on: coconut-merchant.com