Having a similar nutrient content as the bell peppers, two plant compounds stand out
- Quercetin: An antioxidant flavonoid that may lower blood pressure and improve heart health but is essential for people suffering from allergies,,
- Sulfur-compounds: these may have protective effects on the immune system and aids repair of tissue.
Vitamin B6, Manganese and selenium stand out as nutrients but Garlic is better know for its allicin – a sulphur compound that is known to be antibacterial and antiviral.
- 1 Punnet of Strawberries
- 1 Small Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Small Red Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Small handful of Coriander(about 1/4 Cup)
- 1/2 Jalapeño (More or less to your spice preference)
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
Chop the strawberries, yellow pepper, and red onion all into similar sized small chunks.
Roughly chop the coriander, and finely mince the garlic and jalapeño.
Toss it all in the bowl along with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Notes: Our recipe tester used parsley instead of coriander and skipped the jalapeno.
Recipe found on: www.itdoesnttastelikechicken.com