Theanine is a fast-acting, non-sedative relaxant that reduces the impact of excitatory pathways in the brain. Each capsule contains the same amount of theanine found in 15-20 cups of green tea.
- Anybody looking to unwind.
- Anybody looking to relax but maintain performance and clarity.
- Acute stressors such as public speaking or travelling.
Most l-theanine found in food supplements is synthetic (e.g. Suntheanine) and it’s produced as a racemic using ethylamine and l-glutamine and a multi-stage synthesis. The theanine in our 250mg capsules is extracted from green tea from the mountainous region of Hunan Province in South Central China. We keep it as pure as possible so you won’t find additives such as lemon balm whose mechanism of action, ability to enter the brain or synergistic benefit is unknown.
how it works;
Human studies show that theanine stimulates increases in Alpha brain waves which are indicative of a relaxed but alert mental state 12. The type of brain wave activity is often referred to as wakeful relaxation 20 exhibiting increased creativity and increased performance under stress as well as decreased anxiety 14.
- It is absorbed into the bloodstream and enters the brain through the leucine-preferring amino acid transporter system 11.
- Its relaxation effect leads to increased GABA concentrations which result in general feelings of calm and wellbeing 6. Unlike other conventional calming treatments it does not result in increased drowsiness, slowed reflexes or impaired concentration 15.