The importance of optimum levels of magnesium in ones body cannot be stressed enough.
Every cell in the human body contains magnesium and it needs it to function. Most of the
magnesium in the human body is in the bones and the rest is in blood, tissue and muscle.
Its many functions include helping with muscle and nerve function, regulating blood
pressure and helping the immune system.
Here are some benefits of magnesium for human health.
• Magnesium helps reduce anxiety and decreases stress
• Food with high levels of magnesium or supplements helps improve sleep quality
• Magnesium is important for bone health, a higher intake of magnesium lowers the
risk of osteoporosis, fractures and bone loss.
• Magnesium supplements improve PMS symptoms
• Magnesium contains many anti inflammatory benefits
• Magnesium helps lower blood pressure and reduces several risk factors for heart
• Magnesium supplements improve blood sugar levels, insulin sensitivity and other
risk factors for type 2 diabetes.
• Magnesium supplements are known to help symptoms of depression.
The following food items are rich in Magnesium and we should be making them a part of
our regular diet.
• Chia seeds
• Boiled spinach
• Pumpkin seeds
• Cooked Salmon
• Cooked Halibut
• Cooked brown rice
• Peanut butter
For a variety of magnesium products have a look at our site on: